Sunday 1 June 2008

sometimes I hate people

So, checking out the trailer for Venetica, the comments are full of endless whining about how the graphics aren't next-gen enough so the game must without question suck.

The graphics are stylised, morons. Which means they can last longer than using the latest greatest 'realistic' bloomy shiny tech which looks outdated in about three months when someone invents a new doohickey...

Now I admit, it does give off a ps2 vibe but that's mostly because the gameplay as shown looks consoley... I don't quite see how that's going to work and be fun with PC controls.

But Venice is cool.

1 comment:

The Rampant Coyote said...

That was EXACTLY my reaction when I read the comments. I watched the trailer and thought, "Wow, cool, stylized, slick, and really pretty. Maybe more action than RPG, but I'm putting this on my list of games to watch for!"

Then I read the comments. I assume the those who read Kotaku and post comments there are the truly "hardcore" gamers. And after reading many of the comments, I think the hardcore gamer is a lost cause. They are like six-year-olds seeking their next sugar rush.