Sunday 8 November 2009

are you pondering what I'm pondering?

This blog has generally been me whining about games that I play, or think about playing, or at least heard about someone else playing. I occasionally talk about the games business in general, but I have been trying to stick to an outside perspective.

As many of you know, I am a game developer. I may want to actually talk about things I'm making as well, or at least babble cryptic progress reports. However, not everyone cares about that. Also, it might be nice to have a fancier-sounding blog name than WHIIIIIIINE for talking about my work.

Therefore, I pose this question to the three of you actually reading this. :) Should I make another blog for dev talk? If I do, should I crosspost the "games business" posts to it? Or should I just post that stuff here?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It depends on whether you think some people who want to read the business blog posts would be put off by all the game talk. Obviously I wouldn't mind, because I'm already reading. ;)

With Blogspot, can you create different categories with a single blog? I only know WordPress, where you can have different RSS feeds for each category. That way your readers could sign up to what they want to see, and you wouldn't have to deal with maintaining more than one blog.

chris said...

You could probably put the dev stuff here too since most game players are wannabe devs too.

Unknown said...

I vote to keep it all here!

Caro said...

I'd vote for it to be all in one place. =)It would be a pain to go to two separate places.
I followed you to hear about your game development but I'm really entertained by your other postings. As for you whining about game development... I guess that's a little misleading but more importantly don't make me hit two links! Oh and hooray for you having more then 3 readers.

AlexC said...

Yeah, keep it here; I'd imagine most of us have at least a passing interest in game development from the inside perspective too.